Thursday, January 12, 2012

Would you like some sugar with your stick water?

A lot gets done at 3:00 AM, I found that out pretty fast. I guess you could say that jet lag hit me hard this morning. I calculated the time difference (ten hours if you care to know from NV) and so my three a.m wake up time was equivalent to eight pm at home. Anything past this I cannot promise to be coherent due to the fact that I need to keep myself awake until at least ten or eleven tonight to have any hopes in waking up at a time that it not before the morning call to prayer (which was at five this morning). I got to watch my first foreign sunrise, which is a plus I guess in the grand scheme of things.
Today as a group we toured around East Jerusalem and the Old City, stopping at places like the Damascus Gate and the Wailing Wall. We learned where the cheapest place to get good food is and I learned where there is a bunch of museums to go too.
We are slowly getting the handle of things, I walked around the compound today with some of my new found friends looking at the amazing views from where we are located.
(I promise, I will update pictures tomorrow, I didn't think about uploading as I was searching for a good internet connection.)

All right, I have more bonding time with my apartment-mates to get too. Keep on the lookout for updates and crazy tales, as for the title of this post, well you will have to ask me about that later. It probably won't be as funny to you as it was to the six or so of us that was involved with that conversation.

Love love love
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment