Sunday, October 16, 2011

Holy Fiddlesticks! Part 2

Today I went on a run and came across the vehicle with a sticker that said something to the effect of "Open season on Terrorists: issued by the US government."

So, don't get me wrong, I like my first amendment rights; I think it is very import to what makes the United States different but it is stickers, posters, quotes such as this that promotes ignorance and hatred of a culture that most American's have never experienced.

My hopes that as I travel to Jerusalem and other parts of the Middle East I can meet the faces of this culture that American's are so afraid of.


I guess I should probably disclose my background for those who don't know me very well.
  • I'm a Junior attending a small Christian liberal arts college in California. Before this, I started out in school at an all women's college in the Bay Area.
  • I am a Christian, but that doesn't wholly define who I am. I love people no matter who they are. The program I am studying through is a Christian program but despite this I have hope that I will be able to speak face to face with the people on a real level.
  • I was introduced to the Vlogbrothers by a good friend of mine, which makes me a Nerdfighter hoping to end world-suck. (This blog and my journey will probably contain many stories of me trying to make the world around me awesome.)
  • I'm a history major, but it took switching majors like four times to get to this point (it started first off as history then to chemistry then anthropology, then back to history when I transferred)
  • If I am not careful more than one of these blogs will turn into a venting spot. Hopefully those will be few and far between but if it becomes more frequent let me know. I will to my best to step off my self-righteous soapbox.


I have three and a half months before I leave for Jerusalem. Thank you for joining me on this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment